Welcome, Guest     Sign in
J2534 programming

2191 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2022-02-16 20:14:17

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2017-03-31 19:05:16
      Hi Guys,
      I just purchased the Maxis 908P and can not find much info in the manuals for setting up the hardware for J2534 programming. I want to know if I need a PC at all or is everything done through the tablet and VCI?
     Do I simply navigate to the manufacturers web site and download the J2534 software to the tablet and all programming passes through the tablet and VCI to the vehicle?
     The instructions that I was reading said to connect the J2534 straight to a desktop that is running manufacturer's software taking the tablet out of the loop. But I quickly ran into a brick wall with those instructions. It says to connect the J2534 device to the desktop via an ethernet cable, problem is, my J2534 VCI has no ethernet port on it. Just a USB port and a port that connects to the vehicle.
     I didn't check the auto makers web site yet as I have nothing that needs programmed at the moment.
     One other thing while I'm thinking about it, if the programming goes through the tablet and VCI to the vehicle, is it safe to have the tablet on a WiFi connection or should the tablet be connected via ethernet?
    The building that I'm in has wireless bridge from another building on the site. There is no wired connection in the place. The cable modem is in another biulding near by.
     Thanks, Kevin

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2017-03-31 22:21:31 (Reply to:Kevin H)
      OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was running the MaxiFlashAPROG. I should have run MaxiFlashElite. When I ran Elite the programmer connected to the PC via a USB cable. Like I mentioned, MaxiFlashElite has no ethernet port. Anyway, I'm up and going and may check for calibration updates in my van so I can get used to the system before I use it on a customers car.
     Autel needs a manual in the 908P set for the programmer. The manual for the tablet mentions a manual for the programmer but it was not with my kit.I did find a manual at the Autel site under the Maxis PC Suite software download.
    I must be dumb because I noticed nobody else posted anything on this problem so I was the only one that had trouble figuring this thing out.
    Kevin  

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2022-02-16 20:14:17 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I have similar problem with mk808 I HV  been using it since 2019  any I want to program a  key I always fail to do so becos of login code or pin code I try to help for  from support and other mate but notting happen 
  Total1 Pages